End of Software Development for F5 OpenStack LBaaS version 1
F5 announces the End of Software Development (EoSD) for the F5 OpenStack LBaaS version 1 integration, effective October 1, 2016. This announcement is in compliance with the OpenStack community deprecation of the OpenStack Neutron LBaaS version 1 plugin. Customers are encouraged to move to OpenStack LBaaS version 2.
F5 will continue to repair defects and perform maintenance on the F5 OpenStack LBaaS version 1 integration until the Openstack Ocata release in April 2017.
For additional information, please refer to the F5 OpenStack Releases and Support Matrix.
This guide contains an overview of the F5® OpenStack LBaaSv1 plugin; its components and architecture; installation and configuration instructions; and basic overviews of BIG-IP® configurations that the plugin can manage in an OpenStack environment.
- Neutron Networking Prerequisites
- Plugin Components
- Deploying the F5® OpenStack LBaaSv1 Plugin
- Multiple Controllers and Agent Redundancy
- Differentiated Services and Scale Out
- Running Multiple F5 Agents on the Same Host
- Supported Network Topologies
- OpenStack and BIG-IP® Multi-tenancy
- BIG-IP® High Availability Modes